2 Sept 2020

Echoes and Dust reviews DEAFBRICK LP


They say:

I’ve been a fan of Deaf Kids and also of Wayne Adams’ various forms of output for quite a while now, but I’ve not really had the opportunity to cover anything proper from either so far. I’ll say going into it that I’m not familiar with any of Igor Cavelera’s work aside from Petbrick, but from what I’ve heard he’s really fucking good. At the moment, I’m valuing heavy music a lot more, I really believe in the importance of art as catharsis and social commentary working hand-in-hand and I feel like anything that is not soul-crushing in this era is really just escapism that doesn’t really do anything for me. Having recently reviewed new albums from Sex Swing, Radar Men From The Moon, Oranssi Pazuzu and Boris, I’m really interested to see just how 2020 this collaboration is and I have a feeling it’s going to be pretty fucking relentless.


After a slow-burning intro ‘Forca Bruta’ pours jet fuel on the album, slamming thrash metal infused post-psyche brutality into the listeners brain with the force of a falling piano. It has a similar vibe to Chaudelande-era Gnod in the way the guitars and vocals sit, which works for me. Overall, as a second track kind of functioning as a first, it’s fucking nuts and I love it...

Read the rest here: E&D

---