30 Nov 2015

Backseat Mafia reviews Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation and announces their Top 20 Psych albums of the year


The review reads:

The vast majority music that I listen to is, for want of a better word, dirty. It usually has lots of fuzzed up guitar and other effects: sonics that are foggy and dense. Every so often though a record comes along that is clean and clear that I just really take to my heart. Such a record has to be bloody good to drag me away from my fug-filled reverie because why would I want to move away from what I like and know I like.

The latest in a very short line of albums to do this is the new release from Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation, yet another innovative ‘psych’ combo from Stockholm (like Goat, Les Big Byrd and Hills to name just three). In one way it stays within my comfort zone, being released by Rocket Recordings: a label who very rarely release something that I do not like. This, however, is something else. While it is an album that most definitely has psychedelic leanings with its motorik beats and Can/ Neu intensity in places, there is more than that going on here. This is also a pop album, and an album that is as cool as fuck. This is no manufactured X Factor shite, this is the real deal...

Read the rest here: BackSeat Mafia



Also, check out their Top 20 Psych Albums in the year as it features Teeth of the Sea, Gnod, Hills and Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation

See the full run down here: Top 20 Psych Albums

---