13 Mar 2017

I Love My Brick reviews Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs – Feed the Rats


It reads:

Sometimes it’s best to give a record time to sink in before offering your evaluation. It’s oh so easy to get overexcited upon release, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s raved about supposed album of the year contenders only to completely and utterly overlook them come December. This isn’t why it’s taken me so long to pen this waffle about the Pigsx7 full-length (a combination of work and bone-idleness are to blame there), but perhaps it’s for the best, since my snap review would, to say the least, have been a tad hysterical.


But then perhaps not, as nearly two months on my thoughts on Feed the Rats really haven’t altered that much. I’ve listened to it at least twice as much as any other LP released so far in 2017, and still I’m nowhere near bleeding the thing dry. Even now, as I type with it blaring in the background, the record sounds just as hard hitting, rip roaring and visceral as it did on that exhilarating first listen. Since then, I’ve used it to power through runs, to liven up bus journeys and even to calm nerves, namely through battering them into complete and utter submission...

The the rest here: I Love My Brick

---