5 Jun 2016

Huck magazine interviews Goat ahead of next weeks Field Day show


It reads:

We catch up with psychedelic rockers Goat ahead of their highly anticipated Field Day performance – possibly their last London show ever.

I must admit I’m a relatively new Goat fan. I first heard the band at Green Man Festival 2015 when some friends convinced me to miss St Vincent on the Sunday night and see “this amazing tribal-ish band in crazy masks”. I was relatively sober, at the tail-end of the festival, and a bit devoid of endorphins but Goat absolutely blew me away. They are probably one of the best live bands I have ever seen.

Their psychedelic music, which has been described by more intelligent people as “rock blended with tribal rhythms, krautrock and afrobeat”, made me want to simultaneously talk in tongues, smash things up, and sort of sway-shake like I’m having a dance seizure...

Read the rest here: Huck

---