18 Jun 2019

Echoes and Dust reviews Gnoomes album MU!


They say:

Gnoomes’ previous release, Tschak! was one of my favourite albums of 2017, so for me (and I’m sure many others) this latest offering, Mu! comes highly anticipated. The thing about Gnoomes though is that, as a band, they’re a uniquely melon-twisting experience. They’re equally as psychedelic and narcotic as the rest of Rocket Recordings’ roster and yet, they sound like none of the other bands. Sure, very few of the label’s roster sound alike (usually, this is the result of side-projects) but, I find that I can at least categorize the large majority of the bands. Putting such a band into words is something that I find difficult and daunting but, a pleasure all the same.

I continue to love how simultaneously electronic and analogue everything sounds. Moreover, they continue to create beautifully segued together and seamless albums that flow as one cohesive whole. For me what stands out most as something that I like from this record is the guitar work. There are so many nice guitar parts and I really mean nice. There’s something really pleasant and euphoric about the music on this album and whilst the synths do a lot of the work, I love Gnoomes with guitars, it’s fucking sick...

Read the rest here: E&D

---