5 Sept 2018

Black Currant interview with Josefin Öhrn about their Fuzz Club Fest appearance


They say:

One of the most mesmerizing women playing Fuzz Club Eindhoven must've leg Josefin Öhrn. We wondered what inspires us about writing and moving to London. 

The name of your band (Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation) sounds like it's you and then the band quite separate. Is that how it works or do you feel like you are really a band? Do you write alone?
"I write with a guy called Fredrik Joelson, he's also producing the albums from the first one in 2014, and we've worked with very talented musicians both in the studio and live. But we do have electronic influences as well. "

Do you like the sound better? 
"No, I would not say that, I would like to do that, I would not say that, I would like to do that, and I would like to do that. 'd be cool. "

Your work is essentially pretty old school songwriting but with more interesting arrangements and influences. Have you been working like that from the beginning or did it grow like that? 
"I like the old school song form." "I like the old school song form." "I like the old school song form" and I do not know what to do with my lyrics. Get to a specific sound that you've had in mind from the beginning. "Fredrik is very good at finding that we're very sensitive and good at tuning in. We really complement each other."

Do you go into a writing retreat together or is it a constant process? 
"We are going to the studio in September - we just have to finish writing before then, so we are sort of always working." Fredrik also plays synth in the band so we are always writing and thinking about new songs. "...

Read the rest here: Black Currant

---