16 Feb 2017

Sponsor Teeth of the Sea's Sam Barton' cycle ride from Lands End – John O’Groats


Sam Barton from Teeth of the Sea and Hirvikorari is putting his trumpet down for two weeks and is cycling from Lands End – John O’Groats  on 13th-25th June 2017 – and he is looking for your help.

He says:

For all of my 20s and much of my 30s I’ve been your typical London-dwelling struggling punk/noise rock/jazz musician, getting by on low-paid work by day whilst making a racket in bands of varying quality/ambition by night. And whilst I’ve never totally fallen for the “road of excess” myth it’s fair to say that for most of that time my lifestyle and diet have not been those of an ascetic or athlete. Yet somehow the seemingly innocuous gateway drug of purchasing a bicycle years ago (to save money on public transport no less) has led me here, to the brink of undertaking a frankly insane physical challenge: 1000 miles self propelled from end-to-end across Britain in 12 days. How will I manage it? What will the views be like? What are people talking about in The Shires? And, most importantly of all, why the hell am I doing it in the first place? I will hopefully be keeping some sort of diary once the trip is underway so stay tuned to hear exactly how much pain I'm in.

If anyone wants to sponsor me in this endeavour I am raising money for UNICEF whose work protecting vulnerable children worldwide from war, famine, disease and oppression has never been more vital. You can donate here. DONATE

Deadline for fundraising is April 4th

Thank you

---