24 Mar 2020

Joyzine reviews Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs – Viscerals


They say:

Where on earth do you begin when writing about Newcastle’s finest, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs? What is it about them that just makes them one of the best bands EVER? I’m not talking about right now, but I mean EVER. For me, they have that brutal loudness that I constantly crave from music. The distorted vocals, the haunting guitars, the thrilling drums, the tense atmosphere. The way they make you feel as if something is corrupting your brain; give me it. Give me all of it.

 Their new record Viscerals comes out at the start of April and with the world clearly going headfirst into Hell at the moment- they’ve pretty much nailed the best record to listen to as you socially distance yourself from everything and everyone (it’s for your own good!) They have created a beautiful monster of a record; it is tormenting and loud. I adore it and I’m putting it up there as one of my favourite records of the year, easily.


 As someone who is obsessed with bands like OM, Sleep and Noothgrush, this record by Pigs is phenomenal. I can hold it as highly and as dear as Sleep’s Dopesmoker for sure. Songs like ‘New Body’ are absolutely out of this world. The sheer rage in the vocals and determination to create something truly frightening and honest is so apparent, and I have nothing but love and respect for the band for daring to be like this, and to constantly...

Read the rest here: Joyzine

---