28 Feb 2020

Jimmy From Teeth of the Sea Interviewed by A Model of Control

Jimmy From Teeth of the Sea Interviewed by Talk Show:

They say:

If you’ve been reading my work on /amodelofcontrol.com over the past decade or so, you will have seen me talk about Teeth of the Sea an awful lot. They’ve long been one of the most progressive bands in London, not to mention one of the best (and loudest!) live bands in the city too, and WRAITH last year seemed to take them to another level.

Their high-profile slot this weekend at the 10 Years of Chaos all-dayer in Tufnell Park should get them yet more attention, too, and I took the opportunity to speak via e-mail to Jimmy from the band to catch-up about WRAITH, their live shows, this weekend and more. Thanks as ever to the promo people who arranged this e-mail interview and provided the promo pics, and to Jimmy for taking the time to answer my questions.

A note about the interviews on amodelofcontrol.com. This is now a long-running, occasional series, occasional because of the fact that I only interview artists when I have something to ask, and when artists have something to say. I don’t use question templates, so each is unique, too. Finally, I only edit for grammar and adding in links, so what you’re reading is the response of the artist directly. It’s almost exactly a year since WRAITH was released. With a bit of distance from it now, how do you feel about it?
 

Jimmy/Teeth of the Sea: I’m really chuffed with it – we were in a bit of an impasse creatively prior to working on it, so it’s really been a big boost in confidence for us as a band. We really just decided to go all out with this one; no idea was off-limits and we wanted the whole thing to be as full-on and as fuck-you as we could. I think we basically achieved that, and it’s the purest reflection of our character as a band in all its weirdest manifestations yet. It might be my favourite we’ve done. Although that changes all the time, to be honest, it’s like choosing between your kids as the cliché states.......

Read the full interview: A Model of Control

---