16 Nov 2018

Psych Insight reviews Shit and Shine's Bad Vibes


They say:

Listen, I’m the first to admit that I’ve never got Shit and Shite, the now long running noise project from Craig Clouse. This really is not for the want of trying because I know people whose music taste I trust impeccably who rave about every release. Each time I dutifully listen and just don’t see what they are on about. I’ve never found anything that I can grab on to… nothing that has given me a way in.

That is, until now. Maybe I’ve changed, maybe Shit and Shine has moved towards me… it doesn’t really matter how or why but from the first listen of this album I get it, or at least my version of ‘it’. That’s not to say that this has been easy, but there was enough here for me to get a foothold into and explore from there.

So fans of Shit and Shine are going to have to excuse my ignorance when writing about this album, but really you know you’re going to love it. This is more aimed at those who, like me, have always found Shit and Shine to be difficult to the point of impenetrability. Firstly, you are not alone. Secondly, this might be the entrance to the cave that you have been looking for...

Read the rest here: Psych Insight

---