21 Nov 2019

ORE interview Gnoomes about their up-and-coming Italian tour


They say:

A few years ago, when collecting various post-kraut sounds, I came across the name Gnoomes. I was delighted to discover Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation's remix of this band's track "Roadhouse," which features monotone and motor pulsation and psychedelic vocals. Last year I finally got ready to visit Bolfest in Moscow. While researching the program for this event, I rejoiced to discover the familiar name Gnoomes, but I was terribly surprised that this group is from… one of the most important Ural industrial centers in Perm. I had heard about this city, except that R.Vaisvila, K.Lavrinovic, G.Kadžiulis and T.Pacėsas played at Ural Great Basketball Club in their time. This is my acquaintance with Gnoomes, tomorrow they release the EP "Irma" and in early December will play for the first time in Lithuania.

In the autumn, Alexander Pyankov, the vocalist and bassist of the says group, wrote to the editorial office asking if we could help organize a concert in Vilnius. After the acquaintance described above, we simply could not give up and co-operated with the DIY concert organizers Facial Tumour Booking..

Read the rest here: ORE

---