28 Mar 2016

Gig Soup interview Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation about their Sunny Afternoon single

It reads:

If you haven’t already heard of Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation then you’re in for a whimsical treat of musical talent. The latest single from Josefin is ‘Sunny Afternoon’ which is accompanied by an artistically inspiring music video. With the song, the musicians take us into a psychedelic haze with hypnotic drumming, fairly monotonous vocals and a general upbeat and feel-good vibe. We talk to Josefin about the song and their upcoming album, Horse Dance.

What lead you to a career in music? Who are your musical influences?

I studied art. My creative outcome was visual but during that time I was more and more drawn to sound and started to explore that field. I made some demos and then I met Fredrik Jolson and we started to write music together.  Our influences are from the late 60’s early 70’s, Velvet, Hawkwind, Can, Catherine Ribeiro and then 90’s music like Ride, My Bloody Valentine, Breeders, Flying Saucer Attack, and contemporary stuff like Morgan Delt…

Read the rest here: Gig Soup