21 Aug 2020

RTE interviews J. Zunz


They ask:

J. Zunz is the solo project from Lorena Quintanilla, one half of the duo Lorelle Meets The Obsolete. She has just released her new album, Hibiscus, and we ask her the BIG questions...

Tell us three things about yourself?
I'm from México, I live in Ensenada and I'm a Philosophy graduate.

How would you describe your music?
Pattern Music.

Who are your musical inspirations?
For my latest album I was listening a lot to Dälek and Alice Coltrane.

How did you occupy yourself during the coronavirus lockdown?
I've been working at home for a while so nothing really changed, except that I've been gardening more. I'm trying to grow some veggies. As I can't go to swim, I've been jumping the rope instead. The rest has been the same; rehearse at my studio, write, read, watch movies, etc...

Read the rest here: RTE

---