22 May 2014

London in Stereo interviews Teeth of the Sea


London in Stereo have interviewed Teeth of the Sea, this is what they said:

Teeth of the Sea are a hard band to pin down, their work seamlessly leaping across genre divides to create vivid and sometimes unhinged psychedelic and epic tracks. Their third album Master found its way into the hearts of the left field and mainstream fan all at once, with it being pretty much established fact that they keep getting better and more original with each release.

And now we see them at the peak of their powers so far, taking to the stage at Corsica Studios this July for what promises to be an all at once mind bending and opening show. The Cosmic Dead also support.

My favourite film ever is…
Withnail And I

The most famous person I’ve met is…
probably Alan Rickman.

The song I hate the most is…
anything by Steely Dan apart from ‘Reelin’ In The Years’. I need the ‘amazing musicianship’ of that band like a hole in the head.

The worst job I’ve ever had…
was working in a Nike trainer warehouse in Washington, Tyne & Wear.

If I was in a tribute band it would be…
I’ve actually been in both a Roxy Music and a Misfits tribute band. I can’t see myself topping those ones unless I can find a Voivod one to join.

My favourite word is…
outtasight.

If I had a super power I’d want it to be…
time travel.

If I could play a gig anywhere it would be…
the Mars portrayed in the movie Total Recall (Schwarzeneggar version)

I think you should listen to…
Chrome, Simply Saucer, Grave Miasma and Fumaca Preta.

If I could see anyone play live it would be…
The Jimi Hendrix Experience in 1967, or Butthole Surfers in 1985 (see super power)

Read the piece in full here: London in Stereo

---